Call for art: 2017 Members' Showcase
This annual show is open exclusively to current members of the Durham Art Guild. This is a submission-free non-juried exhibition to showcase the work of our valued members. All members are able to display one original work of art during this exhibition. Artwork must be recent, no larger than 40 inches in any direction and cannot have previously been exhibited in a DAG-sponsored exhibit.
Delivery of Work: Sunday, April 2 and Monday, April 3, 2017 between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Exhibition Dates: April 8 – June 10, 2017
Public Receptions during Third Friday Durham: April 21 and May 19, 2017 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Pick up of work: Sunday, June 11 and Monday, June 12, 2017 between 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Peoples’ Choice Award: All gallery attendees throughout the duration of the exhibition will be voting for their favorite work of art in the 2017 Members’ Showcase. These ballots will be tallied and the winning member announced after the close of the exhibition for a special Durham Art Guild prize.
Merit Awards: Our guest judge will select five artists for Merit Awards who will receive special prizes from DAG. Our guest Judge is yet to be confirmed.
• All current members of the Durham Art Guild are eligible to submit one original work of art for this exhibition.
• Artwork must be delivered during the above listed dates and times.
• Please complete the Members’ Showcase Info Forms available in the full call for art. One must be attached to your work of art and the other handed to the DAG representative upon drop-off.
• A master list of current members will be consulted at SunTrust Gallery on these drop-off days for verification.
• Artists are allowed to join or renew upon drop-off if they do not have current memberships and will be allowed at that time to submit their work for this exhibition. Please be prepared to complete a membership form and provide a check or credit card information for $50.00 if this is the case. We also have a $30 student level memberships. You can also join in advance and find out more about DAG membership via the MEMBERS tab on our website.
Please be sure to read the complete call for art with eligibility requirements and additional details: HERE.